Public Speaking & Presenting Your Work for Authors & Poets
- Do you need to give readings and presentations?
- Do you cringe at the thought of reading your work in front of an audience?
Let a professional acting coach help you!
As a faculty member at Stony Brook Southampton’s MFA in Writing and Literature, Steve has worked with countless professional writers and MFA students to prepare for presentation of their work.
Steve will teach you how to…
- Lift your words off the page to share them – and yourself – with the audience
- Manage your nerves and put them to work for you
- Ground yourself physically and vocally
- Create a memorable author event or poetry performance that will garner rave reviews and win you return bookings
Dramaturgy & Script Development for Playwrights
- Do you have a play in development?
- Have you written a play that you’re trying to get produced?
Let a professional producer and director be your guide!
As Co-Founder and Executive Director at Bay Street Theatre for seventeen years, an active member of Ensemble Studio Theatre for over 30 years and the current Director of the Southampton Playwriting Conference, Steve has produced over 50 World Premieres and revivals of plays and musicals and worked closely with such acclaimed playwrights as Jon Robin Baitz, Terrence McNally, Lanford Wilson, Charles Busch, Paula Vogel, Craig Lucas and Marsha Norman, as well as hundreds of emerging playwrights, actors and directors.
- Assess your play’s strengths, weaknesses, and readiness for production
- Work with you dramaturgically to strengthen and develop an individual scene or entire play
- Assist with readings or recommendations for further development
- Guide you to the best resources for further development or production
By interview and appointment.
Coaching studio is located in Sag Harbor, NY – House calls also available within the Hamptons and NYC.
You can access Steve’s invaluable coaching from anywhere in the world via online WebCam coaching sessions! Private, one-on-one video and audio sessions that are just like working in the studio.
For further information, click on any of the links above.
To arrange an interview, call 516-816-2215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org