Why Work With Steve
7 Reasons Why You Should Choose Steve Hamilton As Your Acting Coach:
- Been a professional actor for over 40 years, and a professional acting teacher for over 30 years.
- Performed in regional theaters across the country, Off-Broadway and in film and television. He understands every aspect of the actor’s process.
- Worked with such notable actors as Alec Baldwin, Alan Alda, Dianne Weist, Mercedes Ruehl, Richard Dreyfus, and Cherry Jones, to name but a few.
- Personally trained with such esteemed acting teachers as Madeline Sherwood and Harold Guskin.
- Founded Bay Street Theatre, “one of the country’s pre-eminent regional theatres” (Newsday), and served as its Executive Director for 17 years.
- Taught at New York’s most esteemed developmental theatre – Ensemble Studio Theatre, as well as at Bay Street Theatre and in private practice.
- Has been coaching writers in presentation and public speaking skills for over 10 years, privately and for Stony Brook University’s MFA in Creative Writing.