- Currently serves as Associate Director of Stony Brook University MFA in Theatre and the International Theatre Festival at SBU.
- Co-founder of Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor, NY. Executive Director at Bay Street for 17 years, producing over 50 world premieres, revivals and musicals – many of which transferred to Broadway, Off-Broadway and regional theaters around the country.
- Independent producer working in association with Goodspeed Musicals and Intra-Music Theatricals.
- Performed extensively in film, television, Off-Broadway and in regional theaters across the country.
- Director of numerous productions including World Premiere of Ira Lewis’ Gross Points starring Alec Baldwin.
- Long-time member of Ensemble Studio Theatre in New York City.
COACH and ARTS EDUCATOR…
- Coaching actors, playwrights and business professionals at private studio in the Hamptons
- Director of Playwriting Conference and Adjunct professor at Stony Brook Southampton.
- Acting Teacher/Coach at Bay Street Theatre for 17 years.
- Faculty member at Ensemble Studio Theatre’s Institute for Professional Training for many years, as well as Director of the Ensemble’s annual Summer Conference in Tannersville, NY for two years and currently a member of EST’s Board of Trustees.
For more information about Steve, his coaching and consultancy, please click on the related links above.
To contact Steve, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Acting and Presentation Coaching
STEPHEN HAMILTON is a professional actor, producer, director, acting coach and non-profit consultant with 25+ years of training and experience.
As Co-Founder/Executive Director of Bay Street Theatre
and long-time member of Ensemble Studio Theatre
, Steve has acted with or overseen productions starring such notable actors as Alec Baldwin, Alan Alda, Dianne Weist, Mercedes Ruehl, Kate Burton, Richard Dreyfus, and Cherry Jones, among others, and has worked with such esteemed playwrights as Terrence McNally, Lanford Wilson, Jon Robin Baitz, Craig Lucas, Annie Baker, and many others.
Steve currently serves on the faculty of Stony Brook Brook Southampton’s MFA in Writing and Literature, where is Director of the annual Southampton Playwriting Conference.
Click on About Steve for detailed information.
Steve offers PRIVATE COACHING for…
ACTORS: Acting Technique, Audition Training & Preparation, Monologue & Scene Study Classes & Private Coaching
WRITERS:Presenting Your Work, Public Speaking, Dramaturgy, Script Development
BUSINESS PROFESSIONALSPublic Speaking & Presentations, Communications and Leadership Skills, Consultation for Non-Profit Organizations in Start-Up & Development
Coaching studio is located in Sag Harbor, NY. House calls also available within the Hamptons and NYC.
Not in NY? No Problem.
You can access Steve’s invaluable coaching from anywhere in the world via online WebCam coaching sessions! Private, one-on-one video and audio sessions that are just like working in the studio or classroom.
For further information click on any of the links above.
To arrange an interview, call 516-816-2215 or email email@example.com